Screenshots of Document Approval workflow in SharePoint document library:
1. Upload/Add new document to the document library in Sharepoint.
- Initiator uploads desired document (in this case Cardsort.pdf) to the workflow enabled document library.
3. Document status is “In progress” and the Approval status is “Pending”. At this stage normal users will not be able to see the document in the document library.
4. As soon as the document is uploaded in the document library the workflow process kicks in. in this case the workflow process used is the OOB “Approval” workflow process for documents. This workflow process sends emails to the initiator and the Approver/s.
5. The approver will click on his email’s review your task or document link. To review or approve/reject the document.
6. once the document is approved/rejected the status of task assigned to the approver will be changed to “completed”
7. The status of document in the document library will be changed to “approved” if the 1document is approved by the approver.
8. The initiator will get an email notification that the document approval process is complete for his document.