Currently I am working at my client site on Accessibility project for SharePoint. My client is a government client and wants their website to be accessibility complient (WCAG 1.0 AA). My task is to convert their existing non WCAG 1.0 compliant site and convert it into a compliant site.
So far I have found following:
There is something called Accessibility Kit for SharePoint (AKS) from Hi Software. Hi Software has worked with Microsoft to produce this Accessibility kit. The good news is the Kit
Key Features in the AKS v2.0
The AKS v2.0 introduces the following:
- Smart Control adapters which greatly reduce the amount of custom configuration previously required for AKS control adapters.
- The Web Part Zone Control Adapter, a special Smart Adapter that modifies the output of SharePoint so that it does not use tables for layout of the Web parts.
- HiSoftware’s Compliant Code Engine (HCCE) to assist organizations in creating code that is compliant to standards-based HTML or XHTML.
- Additional requirements under Canadian Common Look and Feel 2.0 (CLF 2.0) guidelines.
- Examples of remediation to comply with WCAG 2.0 Level AA.
- French language version of AKS 1.0 components.
I will post more as I progress in the project.